Length of Assignment:
The Administrative Support Specialist is responsible for performing a full range of technical and administrative human resources management services.
Skills and Abilities:
- Prepare memoranda, letters and reports in draft and final form;
- Manage executive calendars, coordinate multiple schedules;
- Assist and guide support staff with event planning and other executive assistant activities;
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements;
- Make arrangements for conferences and meetings, including gathering background materials and communicating with participants;
- Establish and maintain office records, procedures, reference materials, and technical subject matter files;
- Search for, locate, assemble, and summarize material from the files and other sources for use by Executive Management in solving problems, in meetings and conferences, in replying to requests for information, in preparation of reports, and the development, coordination and general administration of functions;
- Coordinate with other divisions in the preparation of personnel requests, training forms, etc.;
- Receive, review and distribute correspondence based upon content and knowledge of program functions and staff assignments;
- Follow up on suspense items and project deadlines.
- At least 2 years of experience performing similar work
- Experience with MS Office software (Outlook, Calendar, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills and highly organized