Length of Assignment:
The HR Staff Assistant shall perform a wide variety of routine administrative and clerical support activities for a federal human resources office.
- Completes special projects, gathers data, conduct analysis, evaluate programs, develop reports and make recommendations;
- Conducts qualifications reviews of applicants, adjudicates veterans preference, reviews applicant documents, extracts data and prepares memorandums summarizing the data;
- Provides office support functions such as answering the phone, distributing mail, maintaining calendars, document scanning, and coordinating meetings and reserving conference rooms;
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates programs, functions and processes to ensure that work performed is essential and contributes to the accomplishments of HRA objectives and overarching goals;
- Apply HR laws, principles, policies, methods and practices;
- Works with higher graded specialists to provide advisory and support services for multiple organizations across the agency;
- Researches and/or analyzes legislative, regulatory and Agency policy guidance in the area of recruitment and placement;
- With guidance/oversight from higher graded specialists, evaluates customer needs and recognizes potential program issues and/or trends;
- Interprets established and pertinent regulations and organizational policies, management principles, administrative rules and staffing guidelines;
- Performs a variety of personnel support services, advice and assistance in various areas;
- Coordinates administrative tasks in support of established requirements for supplies, property management, or office moves, such as setting up and maintaining systems to control the purchase and use of supplies;
- Drafts correspondence, recommendations, reports, and memoranda related to management and administrative programs and issues;
- Plans and develops new methods for coordinating the administrative work of a complex organization
- Applies existing and new policies, provides advice on requirements, maintains databases that reflect the fulfillment and/or status of administrative requirements and/or systems, prepares administrative paperwork, and maintains an awareness of the status of the organization’s personnel actions;
- Uses automated systems to enter data; tracks time and attendance data, and maintains human resources files;
- Creates required HR reports and distributes reports.
- Must have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 Federal grade level.
- Must have Knowledge of HR functions, goals, and objectives of organizations and operations to effectively carry out assigned tasks;
- Ability to explain HR processes and procedures related to the work to clients and customers.