The Correspondence Specialist is responsible for the analysis, review and editing of correspondence prepared by a federal agency.
- Ensures that all correspondence for concurrence or signature of the Department Executives, including the Secretary are consistent with the Department and office policies and style guides;
- Manages updates and revisions to correspondence;
- Analyzes documents to maintain continuity of style of content;
- Produces high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience;
- Works with internal teams on product and documentation requirements;
- Performs content and editorial review of all correspondence.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or any other specialty which requires extensive writing;
- Professional Degree (Masters) preffered.
- Must possess strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Software;
- Must have excellent writing skills, be familiar with various writing styles, sentence structure, syntax, and the American Psychological Association (APA) style manual;
- Must able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Skilled in prioritizing and multi-tasking.
*Writing samples will need to be submitted from all potential candidates for review.