Length of Assignment:
The Data Tech II/Administrative Professional is responsible for performing a full range of technical and administrative human resources management services.
- Monitors incoming Agency Workers' Compensation Outlook email account and referring action items to professional staff;
- Maintains electronic database of incoming claim forms in Microsoft Access format and other workers' compensation records in both electronic and paper files;
- Answers incoming calls, responds to non-technical inquiries regarding the Workers' Compensation Program (OWCP), takes messages, and transfers calls and searches the Agency’s Query System to answer routine workers' compensation questions from claimants;
- Types correspondence, letters, memoranda, and other workers' compensation related documents and forms generated by the professional staff; photocopying, faxing, and scanning records to disk; and preparing envelopes and packages to mail;
- Enters new claims in Agency Workers' Compensation Management Information Electronic Data Interface (EDI);
- Sets up case file folders for each claim received, and filing OWCP and other related compensation documents in appropriate case files (e.g., CA-1, CA·2, CA-6, CA-7, CA-17, CA-20, medical documents and reports, and billing information);
- Maintains a directory of division, office, and laboratory workers' compensation points of contact;
- Assists the professional staff in protecting employee confidentiality of OWCP information;
- Prepares records for archives by creating inventory sheets, boxing, and shipping documents.
- Must have a HS Diploma and (2-4) years’ experience