The Staffing Specialist is responsible for assisting the Human Resources Staff with carrying out a range of human resources operations.
- Drafts new vacancy announcements, recommends modifications or edits to existing vacancy announcements, and all related data in the automated staffing system;
- Posts vacancy announcements to USAJobs and other job board sites;
- Creates crediting plans and conducts job analyses to ensure the draft vacancy announcements enable Government personnel to determine an applicant’s ability to satisfy vacancy requirements;
- Drafts recruitment actions and specifies the duty statements including qualification standards, KSA questionnaire, selective factors, weighting and screen-out elements;
- Qualifies applicants, rates and ranks applicants, applies Veterans’ preference and other hiring authorities;
- Assists agency in reviewing and maintaining the Question Library used for online vacancy announcements;
- Coordinates with HR specialists and subject matter experts (SME’s) to conduct job analyses and build questions for use in the automated staffing system;
- Prints selection certificates from the automated system (after they are approved by a government HR specialist) and notifies the appropriate staff to take action;
- Conducts research into federal government, agency regulations, policy and procedures to answer general questions from employees or applicants about staffing.
- Must have experience using USA Staffing Upgrade hiring management system to manage job applicants;
- Experience working inside a Federal government agency as an HR Specialist;
- Experience designing and posting vacancy announcements on USAJobs;
- Experience with job analysis and designing crediting plans that include analysis of desired candidate qualifications;
- Experience with rating and ranking candidates, merit staffing;
- Must understand and apply veteran’s preference.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.