We're looking for an exceptional and experienced individual who can perform Human Resources Assistant duties for a Federal agency, supporting Senior Staffing Specialists. This is a position for an HR assistant interested in growing your skillset as a Federal Staffing Specialist. This is a full-time contract opportunity located in Arlington, VA.
- Code and process through an automated personnel system HR personnel actions (e.g. accessions, promotion, reassignment, change-to-lower grade or any other type of HR action as outlined in the Guide to Processing Personnel Actions and Agency guidelines as it relates to the automated HR personnel system;
- Prepare tentative/final offer letters;
- Prepare case files as outlined by the Agency;
- Close case files as outlined by the Agency;
- Collaborate with HR Specialists in conjunction with managers/supervisors on the development of vacancy announcements, job assessments/job analysis for one-grade interval positions at the GS-10 level and below;
- Draft vacancy announcements utilizing eRecruit system (USAStaffing);
- Extend tentative/final offer letters;
- Establish entrance on duty dates and request release dates (if applicable);
- Conduct qualifications review for single-graded positions at the GS-10 level and below;
- Issue delegated examining and/or merit promotion certificates;
- Utilize the USAStaffing On-Boarding system for new hires;
- Prepare pre-employment packages as outlined by the Agency; and
- Request required position management information from the Classification and Position Management Unit for competitive actions.
- Expertise in coding/processing a variety of personnel actions (accessions, promotions, reassignments, change-to-lower grade, etc.) as outlined in the Guide to Processing Personnel Actions, and the staffing/recruitment process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and completeness
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.