Summary of Position:
We're looking for an exceptional and experienced individual who can perform Human Resources Assistant duties for a Federal agency providing support in the areas of Labor & Employee Relations, Staffing, Classifciation and Workforce Development. This is a full-time contract opportunity located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Assist HR specialists in all functional areas performing tasks such as, drafting correspondence, memos, slides, position papers, news articles, providing answers to recurring types of employee questions, explanations of routine HR policy, standard processing procedures/requirements;
- Gather, maintain and file official records related to the various programs listed above in accordance with agency's records management policy and practices.;
- Assist in the facilitation of meetings, capturing metrics, scheduling, recordkeeping, reporting, and coordination across various organizations including those external to agency and updating systems;
- Provide administrative support of the audio visual and communication;
- Provide suppored related to the Employee Relations; Labor Relations; Awards; Benefits; Performance; Workers Compensation; Telework Program; Leave Programs; Health and Wellness Programs;
- Provide HR administrative and technician services to agency's Staffing and Classification Branch located in the HR Office;
- Assist with the Command Awards ceremonies (i.e., handing out awards, contacting award recipients, printing certificates, framing certificates and writing awards script);
- Create and enter applicant information and tasks in USA Staffing;
- Provide HR adminstrative support agency’s Workforce Development Branch;
- Provide support the office by maintaining and updating the Command’s training tools (e.g., the course registration tool to include, creating course offerings, maintaining registration lists, and inputting course catalog items); escorting facilitators and employees to training classrooms; scanning and tracking attendance; tracking nominated candidates for external leadership programs).
- 3 years of federal human resources expereince preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and completeness