Length of Assignment:
- Assists in developing staffing plans to meet forecasted mission requirements, human capital losses and changes in critical competencies;
- Consults with management on a wide range of staffing issues such as workforce shaping, reduction in-force, special placement programs, recruitment methods and special pay incentives;
- Consults with staff on merit system principles, prohibited personnel practices and the development and use of valid selection criteria in developing recruitment strategies, vacancy announcements or job analyses;
- Reviews and processes personnel actions related to staffing in accordance with the Guide to Processing Personnel actions and other regulatory guidance;
- Assists in organizational data reviews to ensure records are current and properly maintained in electronic personnel files and automated systems, such as eOPF, HRConnect, DOORS, and WebTA, as appropriate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with senior management;
- Presentation skills and an ability to speak confidently to a wide variety of audiences;
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Leading and planning major projects that impact HR processes.
- Current Delegated Examining certification;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Federal HR Staffing;
- Knowledge and experience in Federal Civil Service rules and regulations to conduct recruitment and staffing activities in multiple HR disciplines.
- Experience drafting and posting vacancy announcements;
- Experience USA Jobs and Monster\Quickhire;
- Experience with job analysis and creating crediting/rating plans that include analysis of desired candidate qualifications;
- Experience with rating and ranking candidates, merit staffing, and applying veterans preference;
- Bachelor’s degree or professional certificate in a related field (preferred).