The SES Program Manager is responsible for working with the Office Director/Deputy Director in providing an effective, efficient and high-quality human resources management program and service to the agency’s clients.
- Serves as a senior staff specialist in the administration of the Department-wide personnel program for SES positions and senior positions outside the SES and Schedule C and presidential appointees;
- Provides resource management, position management, classification, and staffing management services to agency’s components;
- Manages and oversees the transition of political administrations within agency;
- Coordinates personnel action processing and control for assigned positions;
- Keeps abreast of changes in applicable laws, rules and regulations and policies in assigned areas such as staffing, classification, performance management, political transition, and pay administration in general;
- Prepares regular and special ad-hoc reports, including recurring reports on the political appointees, SES allocation and other special "on-demand" reports required on political and executive employees.
- Federal executive resources experience
- Staffing, performance and position management experience;
- Background in multiple areas of HR.