Length of Assignment:
The Staffing Specialist will promote the recruitment and hiring of persons into the agency.
- Serves an expert in the qualification standards unique to specific job series;
- Advises the COR/TM on human resource flexibilities that can be used to creatively and timely fill vacancies in accordance with the Equal Opportunity and Merit System principles;
- Uses the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and DEA regulations to determine optimal methods for advertising and filling positions;
- Determines minimum qualifications; develop and apply crediting plans; rate and rank candidates; provide certificates of eligible candidates;
- Must have at least five years of recruiting experience that includes at least three years of experience in recruiting of candidates in specifically identified occupations;
- Four years of directly related experience may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree and an additional two years of directly related experience may be substituted for the Master's degree.
- Must be Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) certified
- Non DEU certified Senior Staffing Specialists shall obtain certification within thirty (30) days of onboard date