The HR Administrative Support Specialist is responsible for performing a wide variety of routine administrative and clerical support activities for a federal human resources office.
- Supports the Senior Human Resources Specialists by performing the full range of clerical support duties for staffing projects;
- Provides guidance and assistance to supervisors, managers, and employees on a variety of HR matters;
- Reviews Human Resources documents and other correspondence for accuracy and regulatory adherence; and requesting additional documentation as necessary;
- Updates records as needed to ensure regulatory requirements are met;
- Prepares a variety of form letters for distribution to applicants;
- When appropriate, contacts other HR sections and agency’s Divisions to verify data;
- Monitors the output from HR systems and completes necessary actions to correct any errors;
- Develops spreadsheets, tracking tools, reports and presentations using Microsoft Office;
- Provides office support functions such as answering the phone, distributing mail, maintaining calendars, document scanning, and coordinating meetings and reserving conference rooms;
- Uses automated systems to enter data and maintain human resources files;
- Creates required HR reports and distributes reports.
- Must have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-06 Federal grade level performing the duties of an HR Administrative Support.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.