The Correspondence Specialist is responsible for the analysis, review and editing of correspondence prepared by a federal agency.
- Ensures that all correspondence for concurrence or signature of the Department Executives, including the Secretary are consistent with the Department and office policies and style guides;
- Manages updates and revisions to correspondence;
- Analyzes documents to maintain continuity of style of content;
- Produces high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience;
- Works with internal teams on product and documentation requirements;
- Performs content and editorial review of all correspondence.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or any other specialty which requires extensive writing;
- Professional Degree (Masters) preffered.
- Must possess strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Software;
- Must have excellent writing skills, be familiar with various writing styles, sentence structure, syntax, and the American Psychological Association (APA) style manual;
- Must able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Skilled in prioritizing and multi-tasking.
*Writing samples will need to be submitted from all potential candidates for review.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.