FYI is looking for an energized federal Staffing Specialist with experience in recruitment, staffing, hiring and outreach to work on a full-time contract with a Federal government agency.
A Federal Staffing Specialist to carry out full staffing and recruiting services:
- Drafts new vacancy announcements, recommends modifications or edits to existing vacancy announcements, and all related data in the automated staffing system. Posts vacancy announcements to USAJOBS and other job board sites;
- Creates crediting plans and conducts job analyses;
- Drafts recruitment actions and specifies the duty statements including qualification standards, KSA questionnaire, selective factors, weighting and screen-out elements;
- Qualifies applicants, rates and ranks applicants, applies DEU, applies Veterans’ preference and other hiring authorities;
- Coordinates with HR specialists and subject matter experts (SME’s) to conduct job analyses and build questions for use in the automated staffing system;
- Prints selection certificates;
- Conducts research into federal government, agency regulations, policy and procedures to answer general questions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have experience working inside a Federal government agency as an HR Specialist;
- Experience designing and posting vacancy announcements on USAjobs;
- Experience with job analysis and designing crediting plans that include analysis of desired candidate qualifications;
- Experience with DEU, rating and ranking candidates, merit staffing;
- Must understand veteran’s preference;
- Experience conducting human resources research within the Federal Government;
- Experience using Monster Hiring to manage job applicants (preferred).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.