FYI, Inc. is building a team of PHP Java developers to build a Network Engineering application in Washington, DC.
A Global Internet service provider looking for a developer to enhance and maintain applications and websites relating to network configuration, monitoring, and operations. Under the guidance of the technical lead, the developer will work with application stakeholders to gather requirements, produce proofs-of-concept, obtain feedback, and complete the implementation of new applications and enhancements. This position requires a full understanding of SDLC as well as the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
* 3+ years PHP development experience
* 3+ years Perl development experience
* 2+ years full-time experience with MySQL or MariaDB.
* Experience in all phases of SDLC, OO analysis and design, and revision control systems.
* Familiarity with Linux, especially RedHat, Fedora, or CentOS.
* Knowledge of networking and the telecommunications industry. If you can configure a Cisco ASR router, go to the head of the line.
* Ability to converse with end-users, gather requirements, and provide feedback in plain non-technical English.
* Ability to write clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation.
* At least 2 years of Computer Science college education.
Nice to Have:
* Familiarity with the PHP Laravel framework.
* Some familiarity with Java or C++ is highly desirable.
* BS in Computer Science.
Located in Washington, DC.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.