The Technical Specialist is responsible for conducting qualification reviews of applicants, adjudicating veterans preference, reviewing applicant documents, extracting data and preparing memorandums summarizing the data.
- Documents and verifies receipt of proper forms (including, but not limited to resumes, SF50s, and DD214s) for applications and file them on a government furnished automated application/tracking system.
- Maintains an electronic and a hard copy file of all applicant records.
- Updates records as needed to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Prepares a variety of form letters for distribution to applicants.
- When appropriate, contact other HR sections and Agency Divisions to verify data.
- Monitors the output from HR systems and complete necessary actions to correct any errors.
- Processes, types and distribute HR documentation covering all types of personnel actions for assigned organizations.
- Reviews and follows-up on error listings and computer edit from data input to ensure personnel actions are submitted and filed on a timely basis.
- Provides necessary information to applicants, DEA employees and the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and/or Task Monitor (TM) in response to inquiries.
- Develop spreadsheets, tracking tools, reports and presentations using Microsoft Office.
- Provide office support functions such as answering the phone, distributing mail, maintaining calendars, document scanning, and coordinating meetings and reserving conference rooms.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma
- One (1) year of experience working with Microsoft Office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.